6.8.14

DIY: Cold Brew Coffee

a couple of months ago, Jacob sent me this link online
and I think it's safe to say that cold brew coffee is our go-to drink this summer
I start out with a coffee filter, ground coffee, and a mason jar
fill up with cold water, but not all the way
the key here is to have enough of the filter hanging around the jar to ensure the coffee grounds are secure when you put on the lid 
add (I leave around an inch of space, to prevent overflow) a tablespoon of warm water over the coffee grounds 
store in the fridge for at 12-18 hours before mixing to your taste (I usually add a splash of milk)
it's not as fast as making a regular cup of coffee (to cool, then pour it over ice) but we've fallen in love with this method and its yielded results 
and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment